Benefits of an independent optician versus the high-street retailer
It’s the age-old question within optometry; why go to an independent optician when it’s often perceived to be cheaper to go to a high-street retailer to get your glasses.
Indeed, a high-street chain of opticians, may lure you with discounts and free eye tests and on the surface this can be very tempting. So, we thought it might be worthwhile pointing out some of the benefits that independent Opticians like Lesley Cree can offer.
At Lesley Cree Opticians, we believe the benefits of buying from an independent firmly outweigh the money you may save from buying from a high-street retailer.
Here are 8 reasons why we believe visiting an independent local is more beneficial.
1. At an independent optician, you are more likely to be treated as an individual in comparison to being just another name on a database.
2. An independent will take the time to get to know you and your family – we understand how you like to have your eye care administered.
3. You will always see your own personal optometrist, rather than walking into a high-street store and see a different consultant each time depending who is on shift that day.
4. An independent will usually have a longer appointment time to spend with each patient. Our appointment time is 45 minutes.
5. Most supplementary tests (including pressure test and digital retinal photography) will be completed by qualified optometrists who will be familiar with your eye history.
6. When choosing your glasses, Lesley Cree has qualified dispensed opticians to give professional advice and help you choose the lens and frames to suit you and your lifestyle.
7. You can choose from a variety of top quality brands and manufacturers which ensures the longevity of your glasses and we offer a localised after care service to fix breakages and carry out minor repairs.
8. Buying from your local independent ensures that you are supporting employment opportunities within your local community.
After years of receiving feedback from new patients who have come to Lesley Cree having become disillusioned by the poor service they received at a high-street retailer we know that by using your local independent optician you will receive a more bespoke personal service that is tailored around your eye care needs.
If you to want to be treated like an individual when it comes to your eye care, then please book an appointment by calling 0115 933 2999 or feel free to pop into our practice.